News | Tour of Slovenia • June 18, 2017
Ferrari once again in the front line: 5th in Novo Mesto
Ravasi 10th in the final general classification
Every time Ferrari has the role of captain of the team, he never fails to give his best and to obtain a good result.
It happened also in the stage 4, 160 km from Rogaska Slatina to Novo Mesto, which ended the Tour de Slovenie: the Italian rider (photo Bettini) was 5th in the massive sprint which was won by Bennet on Cavendish, Colbrelli and Mareczko.
This is the third top 5 for Ferrari on three sprints in Slovenia: he has been 4th in the opening stage in Kocevje and he had been 2nd in Ljubljana (stage 2).
No suprises in the general classification, which was won by Majka. One UAE Team Emirates’ rider in the top 10: Edward Ravasi is 10th, +1’31”. Polanc is 14th.
“In the Tour of Slovenia, we obtained a series of good results and we always achieved a place in the top 10 of each stage – sports director Maini explained – Ferrari demonstrated once again that it’s a very reliable rider and he would have deserved one stage victory; Ravasi was strong in the queen stage and the final 10th place in the GC is important for giving him morale for the next appointments in the season.
Polanc would have liked to obtain more in his more race, however it was very difficult for him, because he had spent many energies in the Giro d’Italia: the 14th place in the general classification it’s the best he could achieve“.
1. Bennet Sam (Bora-Hansgrohe) 3h41’48”
2. Cavendish Mark (Dimension Data) s.t.
3. Colbrelli Sonny (Bahrain-Merida) s.t.
4. Mareczko Jakub (Wilier Triestina-Selle Italia) s.t.
5. Ferrari Roberto (UAE Team Emirates) s.t.
Final general classification
1. Majka Rafael (Bora-Hansgrohe) 15h56’23”
2. Visconti Giovanni (Bahrain-Merida) 7″
3. Haigh Jack (Orica-Scott) 17″
10. Ravasi Edward (UAE Team Emirates) 1’31”
14. Polanc Jan (UAE Team Emirates) 2’13”