News | Tour de France • July 22, 2022
Pogačar 5th in Cahors
Slovenian up in the mix again at Le Tour
Tadej Pogačar continues to be aggressive on this Tour de France as he demonstrated on the 19th stage, the 188.3 km Castelnau Magnoac to Cahors won in a sprint by Christophe Laporte (Jumbo-Visma).
The captain of UAE Team Emirates showed his fighting spirit to fight for 5th place amongst a top-10 filled with sprinters.
The end of the stage was animated by the duel between the three leaders (Wright of Bahrain-Victorious, Stuyven of Trek-Segafredo and Gougeard of B&B Hotels -KTM) with the peloton sweeping them up 2km from the line.
Pogačar: “Today’s stage was fast, as was the final. Four of us are left in the team, but we are a united group, so I thank my teammates.
Tomorrow’s time trial is an unknown, given the hard days and weeks we’ve had: what I know for sure is that I will give my best.”
The 20th stage will be an individual time trial of 40.7 km from Lacapelle Marival to Rocamadour.
Results 19th stage:
1. Christophe Laporte (Jumbo-Visma) 3:52:04
2. Jasper Philipsen (Alpecin-Deceuninck) +1″
3. Alberto Dainese (Team DSM) s.t.
5. Tadej Pogačar (UAE Team Emirates) s.t.
General classification after the 19th stage:
1. Jonas Vingegaard (Jumbo-Visma) 75:45:44
2. Tadej Pogačar (UAE Team Emirates) + 3’21”
3. Geraint Thomas (Ineos Grenadiers) + 8’00”